Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 09 Francois Chidaine Les Lys Moelleux (Montlouis sur Loire): About as full of honeysuckle as U can get w/out actually being a flower. $75 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Francois Chidaine Clos Baudoin (Vouvray): Mr. Clean doesn’t come off this polished. Or lovely. Or focused. Or beguiling, either. $30 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Francois Chidaine Les Bournais (Montlouis Sur Loire): Scrubbed down, cleaned up wooly mammoth delivering citrus fruit to your door $30 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Francois Chidaine Les Choisilles (Montlouis Sur Loire): Limes, cream & more aging potential than most Old Testament characters. $24 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Domaine du Closel Clos du Papillon (Savennières): Demanding much brain power B4 allowing U to down its grapefruity deliciousness. $32 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Charles Joguet Clos du Chene Vert (Chinon): Plummy, dark & lovely, w/ a graphite density that might redefine your image of Chinon. $43 A- >>find this wine>>
- 09 Charles Joguet Les Petites Roches (Chinon): Dark, peppery, earthy, round & tasty as the main platter from any high-end steakhouse $20 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 11 Charles Joguet Rose (Chinon): Flowers, with berries, in the rock garden. Sprinkle pepper. You will then get the general idea. $22 B >>find this wine>>
- 06 William Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): For those wanting to connect-the-jam (specifically with black olives). $25 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Luneau-Papin Excelsior (Muscadet Sèvre & Maine Cru Communal): On the shore, preparing to sail to an epic battle on foreign soil. $20 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 09 Luneau-Papin Le L d’Or (Muscadet Sèvre & Maine sur Lie): Hello lemon drop, don’t mind if I do just eat you the hell up right now! $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Luneau-Papin Terre de Pierre de la Butte de la Roche (Muscadet Sèvre & Maine sur Lie): Come back in 10 years, prepare to be wowed. $23 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 11 Domaine De La Louvetrie Hermine D’Or (Muscadet De Sevre-et-Maine): Complex, nervy, energetic beauty for the price of a cheap date. $12 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 11 Domaine De La Louvetrie Amphibolite Nature (Muscadet De Sevre-et-Maine): Lemon peel, served with crazy amounts of drinkable-ness. $13 B >>find this wine>>