Here’s an update on the BIGGEST On-Line Wine Event EVER coming on April 17th…
Just to recap where we are currently for those viewers who are just tuning in to the happenings:
- Hospice du Rhone, the biggest non-profit business league promoting Rhone wine varieties (and host of one of the biggest yearly wine shin-digs) are teaming up with Twitter Taste Live for an on-line wine tasting event that will span three time zones (UK, U.S. East Coast, and U.S. West Coast).
- All three time zones will be co-hosted with regional wine bloggers and will focus on different Rhone-related wine themes.
- Yours truly will be co-hosting the East Coast portion of the event LIVE in Boston with the staff of Bin Ends Wine and on-line wine magazine The Second Glass. UK duties will be ably fulfilled by The Wine Conversation, and Luscious Lushes will be leading things on the West Coast.
- In Boston, we will be joined by over 500 of our soon-to-be closest friends at the kick-ass Wine Riot! event.
- We will also be debuting the new TwitterTasteLive.com website for the event.
- Like I said… Biggest… On-Line Wine Event… EVER!!!
Honestly, do you need to know any more than that to sign up for this? We’ve already got a healthy amount of folks who have RSVP’d – get your name on the list!
Anyway, we’ve just about finalized the Rhone-inspired wine selections for the East Coast portion of the event. We’ve gone through a few iterations and potential sub-themes, mostly because my original wine picks were a bit on the pricey side.
We’ve managed to scour the (very long) list of Rhone varieties and HdR producers and have selected 4 wines (identities to be revealed soon – hint: they all have cutesy nicknames) that will make for an awesome (and reasonably priced!) tasting:
- An Aussie Viognier/Marsanne white blend
- An Aussie Grenache Noir
- A Paso Robles Grenache Noir
- A Rousanne dessert wine
Basically, this is going to kick all kinds of ass. You will definitely want to be there!
Cheers – and see you On-Line on April 17th!