I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a “mini-review” format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2013 Grgich Hills Estate Zinfandel (Napa Valley): I do believe that I detect the presence of fine, spicy herbs; and I do believe that I like them. $36 A-
- 2016 Attune Chardonnay Station Ranch Reserve (Carneros): That time when apple meet peach, and they fell in love and basically lived all happily-ever-after and whatnot. $36 A-
- 2013 Lasseter Family Winery ‘Paysage’ Red (Sonoma Valley): Maybe showing off a bit too much, but the Merlot Kung Fu is very strong with this one. $62 A-
- 2017 Dutton-Goldfield Dutton Ranch Shop Block Pinot Blanc (Green Valley): Melons, minerals, and a whole mess of Mmmmm-that’s-pretty-good-stuff-right-there. $30 B+
- 2014 Brack Mountain L’Oliveto Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): For those who really like to get their hands – and their olfactory senses – dirty in the earthiness senses of the word. $25 B+
- 2016 Dry Creek Vineyard Dry Chenin Blanc (Clarksburg): The bargain side of the high-toned Chenin; also, the lithe and floral sides, luckily for us. $15 B+
- 2016 Raeburn Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Meat is on the menu, and so, eventually are juicy fruits, all served up on exotic wood plates. $25 B+
- 2015 Inama Bradisismo Rosso (Veneto):Showcasing depth, verve, and a blend of both the mysterious and enough of the familiar to make us all pretty cozy. $30 A-
- 2016 Inama Vigneti di Foscarino Soave Classico (Veneto): Suave, debonair, intriguing, and tastefully dressed… so, basically, it’s James Bond. $25 B+
- 2013 Dusted Valley Malbec (Columbia Valley): Can be defined in some ways by what it is not – it’s not lacking meatiness, it’s not shy, and it’s definitely not small. $42 B+