So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 13 Middleton Family Wines Cadaretta Syrah (Columbia Valley): American oak like a loud American, but there's seriousness underneath. $35 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Szigeti Pinot Noir Rose Sekt Brut (Neusiedlersee): Cream, strawberries, cherries, earth, and just a liiiiiittle bit of muscle. $20 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Azienda Agraria Perticaia Montefalco Sagrantino (Umbria): Plan on a long journey ahead for these spice & dried fruit travelers. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Chateau de Lascaux Garrigue Rose (Languedoc ): Pink for just about any food, any season, any weather, and nearly any mood. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Chateau du Moulin a Vent Croix des Verillats (Moulin-a-Vent): Cru Beaujolais decided to put its sexy pants on, apparently. $60 A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Murrieta's Well The Whip White Wine Blend (Livermore Valley): Because a little bit of spice and honey never hurt anyone, right? $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Etude Grace Benoist Ranch Pinot Noir (Carneros): Silk, cherries, plums, & a smoking lounge w/leather-upholstered sandalwood chairs $45 A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Trefethen Dry Riesling (Oak Knoll District): Limes, river stones, and a lot more subtlety than you're expecting from The Valley. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Dry Creek Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel (Dry Creek Valley): Get some soup with ham in it. Then pour of glass of this. You're welcome $32 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Dry Creek Vineyard Estate Block 10 Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Nutmeg and warmth, just the way that Jack frost ordered. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<