So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 12 Quinta do Cume Selection (Douro): Brambly, dusty, friendly, and poppin', making itself quite an amicable regional ambassador. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 12 Siduri Pisoni Vineyard Pinot Noir (Santa Lucia Highlands): Pinot car revving on full throttle, ready to make a run on your tongue. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Siduri Pratt Vineyard Sexton Road Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Sonoma Coast flexing at its mintiest, woodiest, and most powerful. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Siduri Shaw Mountain Vineyard Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley): Cranberry tea being served, in a friendly, showy, flamboyant fashion $38 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 11 Howell Mountain Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Howell Mountain): Bordeaux comes to the Mount, sketching landscapes in pencil. $75 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Clos Du Val Carneros Chardonnay (Napa Valley): Tropical drink, side of lemon, on the rocks; as in, literally on some mineral rocks $28 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Argyle Brut Rose (Dundee Hills): So pretty, so piquant, so pithy, so promising, and so obviously waaaaay too young right now. $50 A- >>find this wine<<
- 11 Vie L'Intruse Mourvedre (North Coast): Well, hello there, you dark, spicy, meaty little stranger, you; so… how YOU doin'? $39 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Pine Ridge Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Deceptively sweet-talking but its character depth can't be denied $85 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Hugel et Fils Gentil (Alsace): Rarely are the results of the kitchen sink so aromatic, floral, vibrant, tasty & crisply refreshing. $15 B >>find this wine<<