So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Dutton Goldfield Redwood Ridge Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Apparently they're making delicious, rose-infused black tea on the Coast $62 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Onward Malvasia Bianca Petillant Naturel (Suisan Valley): Funky, fresh, & bolstering the reasons why the cool kids want to sip it. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Turina Lugana (Lombardy): Pithy and salty in demeanor, but there's little doubting that this feisty one is full of potential. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Castrini Lugana (Lombardy): New players off to rousing start, favoring the ripe tropical side but showing off raciness when needed $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Corte Sermana Cromalgo (Lugana): Crisp, clean, eminently pure; you wouldn't mind a dash of white pepper on your papaya, would you? $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Zenato Sergio Zenato Lugana Riserva (Veneto): A heady, floral, complex bargain that isn't anywhere near adulthood just yet. $25 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 Zenato S. Cristina Vigneto Massoni Lugana (Veneto): Almonds, toast, lemons, apples, & mango all go swimming in the ocean…. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 07 Zenato Spumante Lugana Pas Dose (Veneto): Disgorged in 2013, but thoroughly ass-kicking in the present, with brioche to spare. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 15 Montonale Orestilla Lugana (Lombardy): Mineral but honeyed, ripe but subtle, round but vivacious; this is Lugana donning pearls. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Montonale Montunal Lugana (Lombardy): Flint, saline, and wild flowers, somehow all brought together into polished deliciousness. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<