So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 16 Cascina Feliciana 'Felugan' Bianco Lugana (Lombardy): Stony in aroma, and stony in countenance; balance & spiciness wine the day. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 13 G.D. Vajra Ravera (Barolo): Peppery, sinewy, plummy, herbal, and savory; a red that's not at all f*cking around in any way. $69 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 G.D. Vajra Albe (Barolo): Stark in structure, dark in fruit, and lifted in just about every other possible way that it could be. $37 A- >>find this wine<<
- 16 G.D. Vajra Dolcetto d'Alba (Piedmont): You'll want sausage pasta to tame that raging energy; be prepared to be blue-fruit-beguiled $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 G.D. Vajra Rosabella Rosato (Piedmont): Take those roses with a side of pomegranate and wild raspberries? Sure, why the hell not? $16 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Luigi Baudana Dragon Langhe Bianco (Piedmont): This dragon has a playful astringent bite, & spicy attitude, but a floral soul. $17 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 15 Bastianich Vini Orsone Schioppettino (Colli Orientali del Friuli): Which will you notice 1st, bright personality, or loveliness? $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 16 Bastianich Vigne Orsone Ribolla (Colli Orientali del Friuli): Conversation that keeps you both entertained and enlightened. $NA B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Garbole Heletto Rosso (Veneto): What happens when caramel, licorice, & black plums get to take the wheel at full throttle. $NA A- >>find this wine<<
- 14 Hedges Family Estate La Haute Cuvee (Red Mountain): Just a bit too much burn to be felt here, but time will disperse the smoke. $59 B+ >>find this wine<<