So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 14 Botromagno Primitivo (Puglia): Rugged, dark, demanding, and is going to light this cigar & doesn't give a damn that you don't mind. $15 B >>find this wine<<
- 14 Marisa Cuomo Costa d'Amalfi Rosato (Campania): When in pink, they don't come a whole lot more floral – or a whole lot bigger. $30 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Schola Sarmenti 'Masserei' Negroamaro Rose Salento (Puglia): Talented rRaspberry jam, wet rock, & lilac comedy improv troupe. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Tenuta delle Terre Nere Etna Bianco (Sicily): Because we needed yet another reason to prove how much Carricante totally rules. $21 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Marco De Bartoli Vignaverde Grillo Terre Siciliane (Sicily): Fun & fascinating, in a let's-watch-a-Terry-Gilliam-film kind of way. $25 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 4 Librandi Ciro Bianco (Calabria): Enticing over exuberant, delicious over difficult, & priced for give-me-a-case-full purchases. $12 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 14 Masseria Li Veli 'Askos' Verdeca Valle d'Itria (Puglia): Long, lemony, delightful; what are you waiting for, go buy some already. $20 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 09 Scacciadiavoli Sagrantino di Montefalco (Umbria): Dangerously delicious; you'll be inviting the devil in to dance with this one. $42 A- >>find this wine<<
- 12 Wakefield The Visionary Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Clare Valley): Like Lady Gaga; audacious, complicated, undeniably talented. $200 A >>find this wine<<
- 14 Masut Vineyard and Winery Estate Vineyard Pinot Noir (Mendocino County): This big *and* this good? Are they allowed to do that? $45 A- >>find this wine<<