Uhm, like what is this stuff?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine sample tasting notes via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be fun, quickly-and-easily-digestible reviews. Below is a wrap-up of the twitter reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find them so you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Tariquet Classic Ugni Blanc-Colombard (Cotes de Gascogne): The French down this tropical goodness by the truckload; so should you. $9 B- >>find this wine>>
- 09 La Posta Estela Armando Vineyard Bonarda (Mendoza): Big fruits talking loud over soft-spoken spice, who can’t get word in edgewise $17 B- >>find this wine>>
- 11 Frisk Prickly Riesling (Victoria): A pinch of Muscat Gordo makes for more spritzy fun than ought to be legally allowed in 750ml. $11 B- >>find this wine>>
- 10 Ravines Dry Riesling (Finger Lakes): Lime & grapefruit playfully hitting their stride along the wet rocks, & they’re fun to watch. $17 B >>find this wine>>
- 09 Selbach Fish Label Riesling Dry (Mosel): Citrus steps backward from prev. vintages & stumbles on its own mineral German soils. $16 B- >>find this wine>>
- NV Lamberti Prosecco (Veneto): This fruity quaffer won’t start a firefight w/ your food, but won’t light a fire in your soul, either. $14 B- >>find this wine>>
- 08 Cobb Diane Cobb Coastlands Vineyard Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast): Oscar-caliber love scene btw bright fruitiness & complex earthiness $78 A- >>find this wine>>
- 02 Laurent-Perrier Brut (Champagne): Van Gogh in a glass- textured & beautifully rendered; give it about 8 more years to really shine $69 A- >>find this wine>>
- NV La Vendemmia Prosecco (Prosecco): Do you like apples? How about I just give you more apple, how do you like them apples, huh?!? $10 C+ >>find this wine>>
- 08 Red Car Syrah (Sonoma County): Juicy berries & peppery, cured bacon apparently aren’t just for breakfast anymore, friends. $45 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 03 Brokenwood ILR Reserve Semillion (Hunter Valley): Makes a nutty, oily, refreshingly compelling case for aging Sem from down under. $20 B+ >>find this wine>>
- 10 Bonny Doon Vineyard Clos de Gilroy Grenache (Central Coast): Violets in her hair, red berries in her hand & leather in her pants. $18 B >>find this wine>>
- 07 Malk Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Yeah, it’s basically a bulldog – but it’s a bulldog with friggin’ best-in-show papers! $72 A- >>find this wine>>