So, like, what is this stuff, anyway?
I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes with you via twitter (limited to 140 characters). They are meant to be quirky, fun, and easily-digestible reviews of currently available wines. Below is a wrap-up of those twitter wine reviews from the past week (click here for the skinny on how to read them), along with links to help you find these wines, so that you can try them for yourself. Cheers!
- 10 Fields Family Wines Sherman Family Vineyards Old Vine Zinfandel (Lodi): Please queue MJ's "PYT" for this pretty one's theme song. $24 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 10 Kidder Family Winery Duet (Lodi): Those sour cherries have all the rustic charm they'll need, they could lose the spiffy oak suit. $24 B >>find this wine<<
- 11 Harney Lane Albarino (Lodi): Kicking back, laughing & parting in the tropics; leave the cares & worries with the corkscrew, please. $19 B >>find this wine<<
- 12 Chateau de Campuget Le Campuget Grenache Viognier (Vin de Pays du Gard): Sometimes, simplicity just happens to be its own reward. $10 B- >>find this wine<<
- 04 Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage Brut (Champagne): Melons & marzipan, and the ability to bestow +75 charisma to almost any player. $64 A- >>find this wine<<
- 09 Terlato Stags Leap District Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Fancies itself a bit of a cocoa-&-blueberry dandy; and, well, it is. $84 A- >>find this wine<<
- 10 Terlato Episode Red (Napa Valley): The episode that's not to be missed is the episodic finish on this spicy, succulent beauty. $180 A >>find this wine<<
- 12 LeSaffre Chardonnay (Sonoma Coast): The Tekken Ling Xiaoyu of Chardonnay, petite but powerful; & in this case dining on oysters. $55 A- >>find this wine<<
- 05 Laurent de Bescombes Singla Heritage du Temps (Rivesaltes Ambre): Romancing the rancio, with amber colored gems & sweet talk. $49 B+ >>find this wine<<
- 08 Zenato Amarone della Valpolicella Classico (Valpolicella Classico): And visions of dried sugarplums danced through your tonsils. $70 A- >>find this wine<<
- 08 Yalumba The Signature Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz (Barossa): Inked in sweet, spiced plums, herbs & an accomplished, confident air. $54 A- >>find this wine<<
- 13 Jim Barry Wines The Lodge Hill Riesling (Clare Valley): You're about to get intimately familiar with the secret lives of limes. $19 B+ >>find this wine<<